Sarnia Lambton Crime Stoppers is looking for a few new Board Members!
All residents of Lambton County are encouraged to consider this opportunity, and we are particularly looking forward to applicants from Lambton County’s smaller communities.
Additionally, we’d like to hear from young professionals within our community who are keen to help make Sarnia-Lambton a safer place for all.
One of the primary functions of our team of volunteer Board Members is to raise funds & increase awareness of the Crime Stoppers program throughout the Sarnia & Lambton County. As a Board, we strive to make volunteering an enjoyable experience within an environment of like-minded community members where your experience and skills are put to good use.
Helping All Communities Stay Safe
The foundation of Crime Stoppers remains the partnership between the community, law enforcement and media. Crime Stoppers works to educate the public and create awareness on illegal activities in an effort to help promote the Canadian values of safety, empowerment and inclusion.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are passionate about the mission, vision & values of Crime Stoppers
- Have experience in one of the following areas: organizational development, fundraising, entrepreneurship, donor relations &/or social media.
- Are excited to work as a team player in achieving strategic goals.
In addition to the qualifications outlined above, Sarnia Lambton Crime Stoppers is also seeking candidates with skills and experience in:
- Strategic planning
- Cultural sensitivity and community engagement
- Procuring corporate sponsorships
- Board experience or a strong willingness to learn how the Board operates
- High level of integrity and duty to the protection of the local community
Successful candidates must:
- Pass a Police Criminal Records Check,
- Foster a positive working relationship with other Board Members,
- Offer meaningful contributions, expertise and experience necessary to guide the program to continued success,
- Prepare for and attend monthly Board Meetings (held on a weekday evening),
- Dedicate time to their assigned committee,
- Participate and represent Crime Stoppers at community events & fund raisers, and
- Be willing to offer your spare time to support the board in achieving its goals.
Interested candidates are encouraged to read the ‘About Us’ section on our website to get a better understanding of what our Crime Stoppers program does and how we help make our community a safer place for all.
Please reach out with any questions you may have about Crime Stoppers or the Board Member position.
During these ‘Covid times’ we can best be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org